Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Primitive Christmas Blog Hop

It has been so much fun participating in this blog hop, seeing and reading about others Christmas traditions, getting some great recipes and new ornament designs.  My mom collected owls in the 60's & 70's so this little guy is in her honor.



I've always enjoyed decorating for the holidays, but have cut way back in the last several years, passing things on to my daughters.  I still put out my Santa collection of unique and mostly handcrafted pieces.








I also have several special nativity sets, and of course my tree is filled with family ornaments collected for years, again many of them handmade.  









Last year my brother sent me a box of my parent's ornaments, so I've showcased them all together in an old fish bowl and placed it on a stand on my dining table center piece.


 I've also included a few photos from the cottage, hope they inspire your holiday creativity.











Christmas for me has always been about family and friends, but first and foremost the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas!

12 comments:

  1. Ali, thank you for this cute ornament. I have supplies for wool rug hooking, but have been reluctant to try. Perhaps this little owl will nudge me to take the plunge. I have been a fan of yours (Kindred Spirits)for many years and once took a class from you and Sally at a shop in Westfield, NY. It was a memorable event. Thanks again for being a part of the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pattern! I've noticed more and more owls popping up in the designs lately. I am also trying to downsize my decorations but it sure is hard trying to decide what to part with. My daughters' taste is so different than mine, they don't really want anything I have. Guess I'll keep putting it out! Thanks for taking a blog hop day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wonderful pattern..I love the owls also. thanks for sharing with us. Also for the recipe. I will have a nice new collection this year..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your design...owl's are popular these days and I have a few friends who collect them. Sadly, I am not a hooker...oops...that doesn't sound good! I do not hook (as of now) but that could change!
    Have a wonderful Christmas! I enjoyed seeing your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ornaments in the fish bowl! Wishing you a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fish bowl idea and the owl ornament...Have a Merry CHRISTmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the adorable owl pattern--he is too cute! I love your treadle table--I have one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great pattern and great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You So Much Ali!!!!!
    This is a FANTASTIC pattern!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How generous and how cute. Your mom was ahead of her time

    ReplyDelete
  11. My son and daughter-in-law have owls on their tree. Looks like a new one for me to make them for next year. And I love all of your Nativity Sets. Mine makes a prominent statement in our home and we recently added one outside for the neighborhood to enjoy as well. Thanks for your Christmas spirit. Have a blessed season and 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your owl is adorable!!! I've never tried hooking, maybe I should start with this little guy. Thank You for the pattern. And your house looks sooo nice with all your decorations. It even gave me a few ideas to try at my house. Thank You for everything!!!!

    ReplyDelete